Every now and then your inverter may display an error message. Most error messages are not a cause for concern and can usually be cleared up with a reboot.
The only error message that requires immediate attention is a Ground Fault error.
If your inverter displays a Ground Fault error, power off your system (do not power back on) and call us immediately and we will send a tech out ASAP.
For all other error messages please follow the instructions below.
Refer to your owner’s manual for the proper shutdown and restart sequence for your system. This is the first step that tech support requests we perform prior to contacting them. Rebooting the system before you call in saves time.
If the error message does not reappear after the reboot is completed (most inverters take 5 minutes to fully restart) note this and proceed to step 2.
- Call us.
After the reboot is completed give us a call. Please have the following information ready:
- Make and model of your inverter
- Inverter serial number (usually displayed as S/N)
- Part number if visible (usually displayed as P/N)
- Be prepared to read the exact error displayed on the inverter and/or lights and their color that are illuminated.
- Advise that you have already performed a full system shut down