Decide Today. Save Over 50%!
Going Solar Today Could Save You Over 50% Off Of Your Total Cost!
Unless new legislation is passed, 2017 is the LAST YEAR to claim BOTH the State and Federal Tax Credits to install solar.
Historically, homeowners have enjoyed reduced costs of going solar by taking advantage of both Oregon’s Residential Energy Tax Credit (RETC) and the federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC). However the RETC is scheduled to sunset on December 31st 2017. This means that unless the RETC is extended, 2017 is the last year you can claim the OR income tax credit and deciding to go solar today could save you 30-50% as opposed to waiting until 2018. If you’re on the fence about going solar, now is the time to act!
As an added bonus…….If you are a Pacific Power or Portland General Electric customer you can also take advantage of cash incentives taken off the gross cost of your system to immediately reduce your cost to go solar!
2017 Tax Credit & Cash Incentives Breakdown
$6000 Oregon RETC (taken over 4 yrs at $1500/yr)
30% of total installation costs Federal ITC
$0.40/watt for Pacific Power Customers* or
$0.40/watt for Portland General Electric Customers*
30%-75% savings for going solar today!
*Note* Pacific Power and PGE cash incentive rates change throughout the year. The best way to secure your highest incentive rate is to act soon.
Ready to get started? Follow the steps below!
- Schedule a home assessment By clicking the previous link or calling us at 541-322-1910. Kelly will get you set up for a FREE home solar assessment.
- One of our System Designers will come to your home and provide you with a tailored quote.
- We’ll work with your local jurisdiction to obtain all the necessary permits, your utility provider and if applicable, your HOA to get your system installed in a timely manner.
- Once you’ve paid the final invoice, we will apply for the RETC for you to claim your Oregon state tax credit and direct you to the ITC form to apply for your federal tax credit (it’s downloadable from the government’s website).
- Enjoy your income tax credit for the next 4 years and a reduced federal tax credit in 2018!
- Wake up every morning for the next 20+ years knowing that the sun is powering your home!
We LOVE to answer questions about going solar!
One of Sunlight Solar Energy’s core values is to empower our customers to make informed purchasing decisions. This is why we take the time to send one of System Designers out to your home to give you a quote tailored based on your roof, budget, and energy needs. Throughout the process if you’ve got 1 question or 100, we’re always here before, during, and after your installation to help you make the best decision for you and your energy future.
Don’t take our word for it! Check out what our previous customers are saying about going solar with us on our testimonials page here.